Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bogged Down and Ready for Something to Happen




Well, all is going well for the Trishverse. I have my other half of my loan, which means my money worries are over...I'm still trying to be judicious with my money, mind you, but at least now I can get started on my Xmas shopping. Which, I've already bought my Father's gift and part of dear Slinky's gift...and I already had part of Kimmi's gift...so I'm doing fine.
Above you see a new obsessive pastime of mine...thank you, Slinky...Thanks to her introducing me to the Gimp Program, I am now free to do my own fanart...and so it began. This is one of my two favorites (I've done three...working on a fourth with several more planned.). Also, I finally got my nanovid out...I was really happy with it!
School's going fine...I had a change of work schedules, which is tiring me out even more trying to adjust...My writing has been nil...that part is really what's bothering me...I wanted to finish All Fall Down before Nano...I'm still going to try, despite that I've got a crapload of plans this weekend...
As for Nano, I realized something the other day...I think, for me, I've been going about it all wrong these past few years...I've been too concerned about keeping up with the word count...which is important, but it bogs me down. However, I've found that if I just take it a chapter at a time, not concerned with word count, I actually get more words (see Untested and Years After for examples of this, haha). So, that's how I'm looking at it this year. 50, 000 words, yes...but one chapter at a time.
So, that's it for me. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Good plan :D I'm so excited about nano. When I was ticked off at my computer, I went for a walk and started talking to myself in Samarra's voice (this works for me--as nutty as it sounds). I finally found it and came up with a great way of mixing POVs for my story. I'm so excited about getting started!

    ReplyDelete