Thursday, December 3, 2009

Readjusting to the Sun AKA Post Nano

Okay, so I didn't make it, again, this year in NaNo. But I'm not bummed out by this like I usually am. Instead, I made it the furthest I had ever made it before...if I exclude the fanfic chapters I added towards the end (knowing that there was no way I could squeeze out the amount of words needed for me to win with one day to go) I made it to a little over 23k. Usually, I'm lucky if I top 10k or 12k. Much improved! I might have even finished this year, if it had not been for Thanksgiving and stuff being due all in the same bloody week. It was like I woke up that Monday and was like, "Oh...everything, huh?" But, I'm going to try again next year. I know, I know...I'm getting married next year. Well, I'm still doing NaNo. It's very important to me that I actually finish it at least once...especially since I know I'm capable of writing over 50k (my fanfic, Untested, topped out at a little over 72k...so, yeah).

Anyhow, moving on. There's only four more total days of regular class left. I could do the Peanut Butter Jelly Time dance right here in the middle of the LRC. I'm so ready to leave and be done. Of course, there's this crippling fear of unemployment plaguing me...

I'm also trying to get my writing on schedule, whilst also handling what I've got left to do for Xmas. I'm so sacrificing sleep tonight to get out a chapter or two of something. (Wow...I just zoned right here in the middle of this thing to play with the scanner thing to check out books...). Back on track, I'm looking to finish All Fall Down soon...within next week, actually. I have a paper and a project to complete this weekend...Lord knows about another paper that was assigned and yet not. I'm sure I flunked the paper I turned in before Thanksgiving...but I should be fine if I do well on the final.

As for Xmas, I've got to finish shopping for Mom, Preston, Laura, and Savvy...I know what I'm getting each one of these people, just gotta get paid to get it. I'm looking to get Mom like three other things...(I only know what two of them will be)...I've already gotten her one thing. I've also gotta figure out what Preston is getting her. Laura's gift is easy. So is Savvy's.

Well, that's it for me. Gonna go eat the last cupcake here at work. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment