Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blogging...More Important Than Food!

Yeah, so I have class in like an hour and fourty minutes and I havent' eaten lunch yet. So, I have to make this quick.

One paper down, another paper, a presentation, a prose reading, and finals to go. Sound like a lot? Well, the only ones I'm worried about is that other paper and the presentation (which goes along with it). Presentations start next Friday, with papers due in by email by noon that monday. So, in essence, I have to have my paper done (with a powerpoint for my presentation) done by Friday. The powerpoint will be easy once I have my paper...the paper on the other hand...could someone just put me in a coma until Tuesday the 28th?

On other notes, I've really been working on my writing, more fan fiction than original, but writing's writing. It's still practice in honing my skills. Sound like a waste of time? Thinking I should be working on my paper? Probably, but since being a professional writier is the career I want--scratch that, need--...bite me. I'm gonna write! On that note, I've been pretty regular on my chapters of fanfiction with How to be a Dhampire and Untested being the two I've probably updated on the most. I have a poll up on my fanfiction profile that asks which older story people would like me to complete first. So far, Of Old Gods and Archaeologists is in the lead with three votes. So, drop by and vote if you've got a minute.

On original fiction, well I'd really like to work on some Dark Mistress...but guess what? What I have of my re-write is on the harddrive of my failed computer...which Preston has and can't get it off without some such cord. I think he just keeps forgetting to do it. Which is fine...you know, it's not like life or death or anything, and there are more important things that I need him to do. Oh! And I put up a chapter of The Dilemma of House Wraithwood...so, if you haven't read it yet--and you know who you are--go do it! I'd really like some feedback on the small developments of the story so far. And, you know, I'm a review whore, so...

Oh, and on my goal of reaching 100 fanfics up before the end of this semester...I'm at 86...may not make it, but I've gonna get damn close. Well, wish me luck on papers and writing everyone! And good luck to all those going through the same end of semester hell!

Gone to eat,
Trish

No comments:

Post a Comment