Monday, January 5, 2009

Return from the Holidays + Near Death Experience

Okay, so, except for a very few things...my holidays sucked. You've got to know me. Christmas is my thing. I decorate for it, I cook for it, I use the phrase "Christmas Spirit" like it's air; I even sing Christmas songs around the house, for crying out loud!

So, this Christmas holiday started out okay. Got a little bit of snow...which made the night beautiful (It was a full moon. I regret not taking a picture). I haven't seen snow even close to that in years. I loved it. Got my shopping finished. That's where it all went wrong. I ran out of money. Seriously, I had $0 in my account. I nearly had a panic attack (because I should not have run out) in the car. If it hadn't been for Mom and Preston, I would have had fees to pay for. And I might still. I have to check. If I do...I'm just screwed. More on that later.

So then, Christmas Eve shows up. The plans that Mom has made, she breaks. Our water pipes are busted and we aren't able to fix them until after Christmas, and one of our electrical breakers are busted. We open our gifts (my sister tactlessly counting that she has less than me). On Christmas Day, the day of our big meal, my mother has a stomach virus or food poisoning or something. This lasts until, like, the 27th or 28th. Oh, and did I forget to mention that I pulled a muscle in my back while decorating the house? Yeah, well, I did.

Preston fixes the water, Mom gets to feeling better, Dad gets the dirt on Laura, and everything is looking up. I go to New Years with my friends. My muscle injury (probably worse than a pull) starts to act up. Then, the muscles along my spine start seizing up and unseizing so suddenly and painfully that each time, it knocks the breath out of me.

So, finally, I get to return to my Fortress of Semi-Solitude. The dorm. Things are bloody fantastic! I love the dorm! And then...my computer won't turn on. Won't even try to turn on. I have no f@$king computer. So, instead of waiting for Mom and Dad's income tax so they can help me buy I laptop...I have to fork out the funds all on my lonesome. I'm still asking for the money from them. I need it. Oh, and my battery charger died. So, no more AAA batteries for you, Mr. MP3 Player.

My back is still hurting like a bitch. And as for my near death experience? Kind of funny actually. Slinky asked me if I wanted to try a hazel nut. Since I had never really tried one before, I said yeah. Within seconds, my tongue started to itch and my throat felt weird. I could still breath but it felt like...I don't know...like I had strep or something. She gave me an allergy pill and I'm feeling better. I've never had an allergic reaction like that before. Ah, to new experiences.

On plus sides, I got some fanfiction done. I've got to type it and post it. And I discovered that I love the show House! It's frickin' awesome!! Okay, that's all from me.

Grateful that the damn nut didn't kill me,

Trish

2 comments:

  1. The Christmas disaster saga...Ah. You could pull that into a story of itself. I also love your labels at the end here...heehee. Ok, I so shouldn't be laughing, considering that there was an allergic reaction and all times of crap going on. But, like the Joker, one must crack a smile under threat of death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok so i'll cut you some slack for not answering my phone calls cause haha that allergic reaction stuff is serious biz hahahahah i would know. sorry for you crappy holiday.

    ReplyDelete