Friday, October 24, 2008

It's the Blogging that Never Ends...

Okay, that last blog was me playing around. I thought a list of that sort might be fun. So, for a serious update on me. I'm both at peace and freaking out. How can you be both of those, you might ask...Well, I'll tell you.

My friends are all getting ready to finish up college. I've got to stay one semester longer than them. Now, because of this, they've got me thinking about the future. Which has me scared shitless. I want to go for a MFA in Creative Writing...but what if I don't get in? I need to get married before that. Which means I need to have a decent job, and my husband-to-be would need a decent job as well. I would need to apply to UAB and move to Birmingham. And that's assuming I get in. And then, what if I have to enter as an undeclared to finish up some extra courses I needed but didn't take? AND I want to have 4 kids. That means I'd have to have them pretty soon. But then, I'd need money to take care of said kids. And then, in the immediate future, I have to submit 3 to 5 poems to Lights and Shadows (our student writing magazine) by Noon this Sunday. I feel like I'm taking part in an old western dual. Me vs. the poems. Noon Sunday, right in front of the computer screen. Be there or be yella-bellied.

On the "at peace" side, my Halloween party was a success. All my friends had fun. Which is what was important to me. Slinky asked me if I had fun at my own party. In truth, yes, I did. But that was because that, for all the anxiety it caused me, I loved setting it up. And all my friends had fun. That sealed the fun deal for me. And everyone loved my potato casserole. Couldn't be happier. Really. And now Ren Faire (haha) is this weekend. Followed by Halloween and NaNoWriMo. I can't wait!! Then, with my next paycheck, I can start Xmas shopping. All my friends know how I love that. Well, I'm gone. I'm at work. And I've already played on this internet too much. I'll post later. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. I think that's how I've stopped myself from vomiting--I've been thinking about everything but graduating and getting on with my future. For me, the future might just be a nano novel away...Oh to dream.

    ReplyDelete