Thursday, August 28, 2008

Of Chaucer and Student Loans...

Little introductory note I missed: I'm engaged....I know, it's bad I forgot to mention it. But I think the reason is that I've been engaged for years now, dating him for longer, and he is just so much a part of my daily life that I assume most people who know me know that. And most who will actually read this blog do.

Anyway, on to what I'm actually blogging about. Today was a bad day. Not horrible. Could have been worse. But definitely not good. Of course, school has been, generally, a mixture of good and bad. My classes and teachers this semester--thankfully--have fallen into the good category. However, I do have to translate Middle English to read my Chaucer homework. Makes my head want to explode, but is also kinda fun. Linguists turned my brain to mush, but when I step back, I really get what's going on. Teachers for both those classes are great! Creative writing is so much fun and so challenging (in a great way)! I started working on my history minor, and it's great. I feel a little old in my US History I class. Sometimes, I get a little lost in some of my classes. Now let me move onto the bad and tell you why...

Edamerica, the lender I get my student loan through, keeps bumping further away the disbursment of money to my school. They say that they are having trouble getting it to the school. First it was the 7th of August. Then the 15th. Then the 28th (tomorrow). But when I emailed Edamerica, they said mid to late September. This won't do. All in all I have to have like 9-10 books. I have 2. I'm time-sharing--thanks to my two glorious friends--2 more of them. Difficulty? Yes. Am I pissed? Like you wouldn't believe.

Thanks to the delay of the loan, I have to use my fiance's help to get groceries. I can't afford a $10 black ink refill that I desperately need for Creative writing. It all just sucks. Well, that was my bitch fit. I'm gone.

1 comment:

  1. they keep delaying my mom's loan too at NWSCC, she took a loan out from me to get the new car...

    ReplyDelete