Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Project Declaration!

So, I mentioned one of the things I planned to blog about in the future was my original fiction plans.  I also mentioned that I'd explain why getting "The Curious Tale of Elizabeth Nigel" published was just so awesome (despite the obviously reasons).  Well, these two go hand-in-hand.  Let me explain.

You see, I have plans for the characters and the steampunk world of Elizabeth Nigel.  I plan to do a series of short stories--the ones of which I have planned that are set in stone being the one mentioned above and the one set directly after called "Elizabeth Nigel Aboard the Annabelle."  I was thinking about doing enough for a small collection.  Then, picking up where the last short story (whatever that might be) leaves off, I would do a novel--which I already have titled as The Wedding of Elizabeth Nigel.  So it's just very exciting to have the first story published for these characters, which I see as setting this all in motion.

So what other plans do I have of the original fiction nature?  Well, this June I'm participating in Camp NaNoWriMo.  Same rules, different month.  I'm using the novel I attempted last November, which was Family Affairs.  A bit of a cheat, I know, but it's more important to me that I finish this novel, rather me follow the exact rules.  Besides, I'm aiming for the first draft of that novel to be about 80k-90k.  So I'll have done my share.  My backup plan, should I get irreparable stuck on Family Affairs, is to work on my novella, Aftershock.  Which is another work that I have a couple of short stories leading up to. 

This is all not mentioning that I might do a sequel to Aftershock, will be doing 3 direct sequels and 2 indirect sequels to Family Affairs, and have several other novella/novels to be thinking about.  I have all the ideas... I just need, like a fitness trainer--like one of the really mean ones--only for writing only. 

Of course, this is all just my original (ie the really important) writing goals.  But, something else I can lump in with this, I joined in on this challenge on Livejournal called 100 Things.  You blog about 100 things (with the min. post being 10 posts of 10).  For example, I'm doing "100 Badass Villains."  I decided that I was a little more likely to work it all out if I did the 10 groups from 100 down to 1.  This is a challenge mainly to get Livejournal people to blog more, but I thought I'd post it in both places. 

So, if anyone wonders where I am and can't find me at Godiva, I'm in a dark corner with nothing but my laptop... willing the words to write themselves.  Until then, here's a funny picture.  See you!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read those Elizabeth Nigel stories! (HaHa, suckers! As her official beta, I get to read all the cool steampunk stories first!) *cough* Anyhow, Camp NaNo is going to be a blast. That or there's going to be a blast, of the gun to head variety. But I can't wait for June so we can give it a go.

    Great pic, LOL.

    ReplyDelete