Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lookin' Up AKA Writing Update AKA Schedule

NaNoWriMo.org is still working on its updates, so--for now--this blog, photobucket, and my deviantart page is the only place to see this cover. I'm not sure if I love the cover--I don't hate it, and I definitely like it better and better the more I look at it--but I just like my banner--soon to be added to the bottom of this blog page--better. So, catching up, let's get this blog post on the road.


Writing Related


I totally finished a novellette length work that will appear--unless something happens, nothing is ever set in stone--in an anthology (I really shouldn't say which one until the TOC is final). It ran a little over 13k, thought will probably be a couple of hundred under 13k after proper edits--which is totally cool. If you'd like, the title is over there ---> in my sidebar, and I'll leave its progress bar up until the work sees print. Then I'll replace it with a link to where the antho can be purchased.


So, let's see... what else? Oh, well, I have two other deadlines I wish to do for this month, one due in a couple of days and one due on the 31st. Also, I signed up to partcipate in several challenges/writing group things. First, there's the Pill Hill Press's Fall Shootout. It's currently closed for people to sign up to participate--sorry for the late advertisement, I'll do better for the Spring one, promise. But my good friend, AD Spencer, is also partcipating, as well as a couple of those that were also in the very first Shootout I'd ever partcipated in--2011's Summer one.


Next, of course, is NaNoWriMo. They finally put up the partcipation badges on the site--which is still being booted up from their updates--and I have mine added at the top of the sidebar ---> My synopisis is up for the novel I plan to attempt, and as soon as writing buddies are back up, I'd love to be added and/or to add you. Just send me an invite on the site (again, when it's up) and I'll return the favor. You can find me here.


Hmm... what else? Oh yeah, I joined in a fanfic challenge called The 50 States of SPN. See my LJ for more on that, but basically you sign up for states (two, in mine and Ariyana's case) and choose a ghost/monster/whatever story that actually exist for that state and write a fanfic where the Winchester Boys hunt said ghost/whatever. My two states are Alabama and Alaska. (AD's are Alabama and Mississippi). I have a good idea for both Alabama and Alaska, I just need to work on it. Posting of the finished fics begins on Dec. 1st.


Following that same train of thought, AD and I also signed up for The Wishlist Challenge which was advertised on Twisting the Hellmouth. Basically, you sign up for a full round (24) half round (12) or a quarter round (6). Then, on October 15th you make a post on your LJ, announcing the fandoms you will write for and what you will absolutely under no circumstances write for. Then, on a first come first serve basis, you accept prompts and write fanfics. Starting (again) on Dec. 1, you post one fic a day as a Christmas gift of sorts to readers. AD and I signed up for a half round. When I do my post on LJ, I'll do a blog with a link so you can prompt too, if you'd like.


I also have another novella due soon (Winds), but I'm not worried about it (yet... see me about this in November). Not to mention any other short story deadlines I want to meet, and Aftershock, another novella, I want to finish and try to find a home for.


And finally, in an attempt to make some pocket change--at the very least--I signed up for Hubpages to write articles. I currently have none written, but that will all change soon. I'll link to them here, but keep an eye on my profile for more info. I'll put a link to it at the side as well. And please, feel free to click an advertisements and links... I think that's how Hubpages pay me. I know all the Amazon advertisements are legit.


And back to fanfiction for a final moment, I've made a slight change to my plan. I've dropped trying to finish The Funny Thing About Keys so soon. I mean, it's definitely still one of the fics that I'll be finishing soon, but not as soon as Trials. I'm on a roll with Trials, and I need to outline on Keys, so for any Keys readers who actually keep up with this blog, please be patient. I don't want that fic to suffer just because I'd rather be writing on Trials. It's not fair.


Lookin' Up


Just a quickie here. Things are definitely looking up. Savannah and Tyler were kind enough, one day, to take me around the Galleria to apply for jobs. Because of that, I have already interviewed at Bath and Body Works--fingers crossed--and I have an interview at Michael's Arts & Crafts tomorrow. Now, all I need is to hear back from Godiva and Hobby Lobby and I'd be estatic. Any wishings of Good Luck are very much appreciated!


Oh, also, Preston is doing very well in his classes, and he has an interview as well tomorrow. Good Luck wishings for him as well, please!


Schedule (From 10/13 to 10/15)


Oct. 13:

--Edit Galley from SW (code, of course, lol)

--Finish NaNo Calender

--Work on Hub Article

--Update Craft Blog

--Work on Winds


Oct. 14:

--Edit for SHP

--Work on Shootout Story

--Work on Deadline for the 15th

--More applications to fill out

--Work on Hub Article

--Work on Winds


Oct. 15:

--Post for Wishlist Challenge

--Shootout Due

--Deadline Due

--Start Outlining for HoR I: FA

--Work on Winds

--Outline more on The Funny Thing About Keys


Schedule to be updated next on Oct. 15 (late) or Oct. 16 (early).

1 comment:

  1. Oh schedules...I know some people don't write theirs down, but I think we've become schedule addicts. They help you feel in control. You know, just reading your blog reminds me of all the crap that's due over the next two months. Brain go boom.

    ReplyDelete