Wednesday, March 31, 2010

No *Official* Job

... but I don't feel like I'm doing "nothing" anymore. Thanks to duotrope.com. If you didn't read the GFQ post, duotrope is a lovely website that lists publishers, deadlines, and if those deadlines are themed. And I have lined up a list of deadlines I intend to meet. And I've already submitted two stories (the odds of these getting published are very low... but you never know).

I'm not delusional. I mean, I know I'm going to need a day job, seeing as I'm not topping the New York Times bestseller list (I would like to add the word "yet" to the end of this sentence)... but I'm doing something towards the direction of the career I want. And frankly, folks, it feels downright awesome.

So, here's to meeting deadlines and hoping to hear back from publishers!

1 comment:

  1. Add the word "Yet"! Add it! LOL, great update! Duotrope is helping me feel a little more "in control" too.

    ReplyDelete